Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Community Effort.

Two men sit on a bench in a holding cell.  The man on the left keeps shaking his head slowly, as if he's hoping it'll knock an answer into focus.

Roderick: So uh... what are you in for?

Jambles: huh?

Roderick: What are you in for? You know, what'd ya do?

Jambles: oh, hm.

Roderick: You okay man? Come on. We're gonna be here at least 'till morning. I mugged a street musician.

Jambles: Why?

Roderick: He was playing Jazz Kazoo, it was a matter of principle.

Jambles: Heh. Yeah.

Roderick: So. What'd ya do?

Jambles: I'm still trying to figure that out.

Roderick: Was there an accident?

Jambles: No, I was in control of myself the whole time. I'm just trying to find the progression.

Roderick: To what?

Jambles: Well, I'm just. It's... I wish I could know where the line is. I just wanted to make people happy?

Roderick: What are you, like a clown or something?

Jambles: No, no. It's just people are always unhappy, so I was trying to spread some joy.

Roderick: So, how's that so wrong?

Jambles: Well I mean, it's like... Ok, smile and the room smiles. Laugh, and the world laughs with you. But masturbate, and the law judges you. Where's the progression?

1 comment: